Monday, July 6, 2015

Adventure is Out There

So, in an effort to get the hell away from Lakeland, I took a fucking road trip.
I had vague plans to drive up to Georgia for Six Flags adventures with a friend, but those unraveled about three weeks ago. When she couldn’t come, and I got my heart smushed (as happens maybe three or four times a year), I just decided to drive until I figured out my life, or until I ran out of week.

This may sound like a strange decision, as I tend to get lost driving to the neighborhood Publix, but I decided to be randomly adventurous. Although I usually live a mundane and timid life, I have random spurts of adventure. These have resulted in skydiving, bungee jumping, and dying my hair purple. Some of these adventures work out better than others…

So, that is how I found myself here. In Georgia. Sitting in Starbucks waiting for the bank to unfreeze my credit card. Apparently, even my bank has trouble conceiving of me being adventurous.


Sigh…

No comments:

Post a Comment